A well cared for 1977 C.E. Ryder Sea Sprite 23 Weekender that underwent a full restoration in 2009, and has since had many additional upgrades to enhance her performance under sail and her convenience as a single handed pocket cruiser/racer. Includes a 2003 Mercury 5HP outboard and a 2004 Triad Trailer in excellent condition to allow the new owner to transport and store her without additional expense.
Sailing conveniences include stainless self-tailing winches, roller furling headsails, two headsails (110 Jib, 135 Genoa), separate jib tracks and cars for each headsail (to optimize headsail sheeting), main sheet block and traveler on aft deck. Lazy jack system and jiffy reefing points allow for simple mainsail management.
Flag blue interlux topside paint, white decks, gold cove stripe, and red micron extra bottom paint make this boat a real head turner. All teak was sanded and varnished in 2013, and is in excellent condition. Toe rails were removed and re-bedded in 2013.
New navy blue sunbrella cockpit cushions with white piping added in 2010 for comfort and style, and a matching sailcover from Quantum make this boat look like a proper yacht while at mooring.
• C.E. Ryder built, 1977, Hull number 616
• 2003 Mercury 5hp 2 stroke outboard
• 2004 Triad single axle trailer, galvanized, hydraulic brake system
• Interlux Flag Blue hull, Petit Easypoxy white deck, Micron Extra Bottom paint (red)
• Quantum/Thurston Jib (new 2010), Genoa (new 2009), older main in excellent shape
• Schaefer roller furling system (new 2009). Dual jib track system installed new in 2011.
• Shaefer traveler system with 2:1 car system mounted on aft deck in 2010.
• Anderson 12ST full stainless self-tailing winches installed new in 2009.
• Custom sunbrella cockpit cushions and matching sail cover in navy blue
• Teak refinished in 2013
This is a complete drive/sail away package that will allow a new owner to enjoy the 2015 season, and many more, with a beautiful and well equipped example of this beloved classic. A few cosmetic refreshes could be done on the deck paint and the cabin paint to make here Bristol. Nothing that can’t wait until next winter!
Asking $10,500 for complete package. Will not separate trailer and boat.
Boat location: on the hard at Touisiett in Swansea, Mass.
Please contact Erik at email@example.com or phone/text 508-884-6856